- Versatile performance with amazing STOL capabilities
- Optional-use, leading edge slats for even shorter takeoffs and landings
- Powerful 180-size, 3000Kv brushless outrunner motor
- Stability and precision of AS3X technology and optional SAFE Select mode
- Industry-leading Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology
- Oversized functional flaps
- Oversized wheels and durable landing gear
- Brilliant LED light system installed
- Ready to accept optional floats
- Easy-access battery compartment
- Steerable tail wheel
- No Assembly Required
Needed to Complete
- Full-range Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter with dual-rates (DXe and up)
- 200-280mAh 2S LiPo flight battery
- Suitable Charger
What's in the box?
- (1) E-flite UMX Timber BNF Basic
- (1) E-flite 6-Channel Ultra Micro AS3X Receiver/BL ESC
- (1) E-flite BL180 3000Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (2) 2.3-Gram Linear Long Throw Servo
- (1) User Manual
About the only thing that can top an airplane you can fly just about anywhere is an airplane small enough to fly everywhere else. With the E-flite® UMX™ Timber™ airplane, small spaces, indoors and out, is flying country you can conquer. Like its larger brother, Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) is a specialty of this ultra-micro offering versatile performance that harnesses both friendly flying characteristics and an abundance of power. Right out of the box, the fully-assembled UMX Timber comes complete with functional flaps and oversized wheels. Combined with light wing loading and brushless motor power, getting out and back into tight spaces is possible. Installation of the included leading edge slats means you can land even slower and takeoff in shorter distances. AS3X technology with optional SAFE Select mode means you get the ultimate in control performance no matter when you choose to fly, even if it's a bit windy. Plus the brilliant LED lighting adds a special touch of realism and the ability to buzz the bush after sundown. And, if you want to fly from pools and ponds, all that's needed is the addition of the E-flite UMX float set that takes only minutes to install.
STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) Capabilities and an Abundance of Power
The UMX Timber wing is designed with STOL features like wing-tip droops, enlarged functional flaps and optional-use leading edge slats. These, along with the model's lightweight construction and powerful 3000Kv brushless motor, allow it to spring into the air or float down and land in less space than any other model in its class.
AS3X® Receiver with Optional SAFE® Select Flight Mode
The model's AS3X (Artificial Stabilization - 3-aXis) receiver works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a larger, expertly tuned aircraft. If you're new to flying UMX models or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can activate the optional SAFE Select flight mode.
Optional SAFE Select Mode Delivers:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
These keep the aircraft from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles during takeoff and landing.
Instantly returns the wings to level when the sticks are released. It's also helpful when hand launching the airplane.
No programming is required. The function is automatically assigned to your transmitter's gear channel so you can turn it on and off whenever you want.
Brilliant LED Light System
Right out of the box, the UMX Timber airplane comes equipped with realistic-looking NAV lights, landing lights, wing-tip strobes and beacons, all factory-installed and powered off the flight battery.
Fully-Assembled and Bind-N-Fly Ready
The UMX Timber arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box. It's also equipped with Spektrum 2.4GHz technology that's ready to bind to a 6+ channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter so you can be ready to fly within minutes of opening the box.
E Flite Timber UMX - BNF Basic Specfications:
- Aileron: : Controlled by two Spektrum SPMSA2030LO 2.3g Linear Long Throw Offset Servos
- Completion Level: : Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Flaps: : Yes,Controlled by two Spektrum SPMSA2030L 2.3g Performance Linear Long Throw Servos
- Flying Weight: : 121 g (4.3 oz)
- Length: : 467 mm (18.4 In)
- Material: : Foam
- Minimum Required Radio: : Full range Spektrum DSM2/DSMX with dual-rates (DXe and up)
- Motor Size: : 180BL 3000kV
- Retracts: : No
- Wing Area: : 119.0 sq In (7.7 sq Dm)
- Wingspan: : 700 mm (27.6 In)