From Pearl Harbor through 1942, the F4F Wildcat was the only U.S. fighter in the Pacific theater capable of thwarting the advances of Japan’s naval air forces. And though it was slower and less maneuverable than the vaunted Zero, the rugged Wildcat helped a skilled pilot overcome the performance gap and live to fight another day.
The classic ParkZone® F4F 1.0m Wildcat parkflyer returns as a great flying warbird you can enjoy almost anywhere. Modeled after a plane flown by Lieutenant Commander Edward “Butch” O’Hare—the U.S. Navy’s first flying ace—a legendary warbird comes to life with authentic detail such as a realistic paint scheme, simulated engine and cowl flaps, molded wheels tucked into the fuselage and more. Its flight performance is equally impressive thanks to the full 4-channel control and ample power provided by its 480-size brushless motor system.
Needed to Complete
- Full-range, 4+ Channel Transmitter and Receiver
- 1300–2200mAh 3S LiPo Flight Battery with EC3™ Connector
- Suitable Li-Po Battery Charger
What's in the box?
- (1) Parkzone F4F Wildcat PNP
- (1) Programmable 30A Pro Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC
- (1) 480-size Brushless, 960Kv Outrunner Motor
- (4) 9-Gram Sub-micro Servos
- (1) User Manual
Out of the box, final attachment of the horizontal stabilizer and two-piece, plug-in wing is simple. Each wing panel features a dedicated aileron servo for hassle-free control that’s precise.
Construction with durable EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail in a lightweight form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that’s easy to maintain and allows the most satisfying flight experience possible to shine through.
The powerful 480-size brushless outrunner motor installed features 960Kv and delivers smooth operation that’s surprisingly quiet. Excellent flight times and strong performance can be expected with 3S Li-Po battery packs from 1300–2200mAh.
Plug-N-Play (PNP) aircraft come out of the box with a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice.
Parkzone F4F Wildcat 1.0m - PNP Specfications:
- Aileron: Proportional
- Approximate Flight Time: 7Ã¢Â€Â“10 minutes
- CG (Center of Gravity): 1-7/8 in (47mm) back from LE of wing at root +/- 1/8 in (3mm)
- Completion Level: Plug-N-Play
- Control Throw (Ailerons): 8mm (low rate) 11mm (high rate)
- Control Throw (Elevator): 9mm (low rate) 13mm (high rate)
- Control Throw (Rudder): 11mm (low rate) 14mm (high rate)
- Elevator: Proportional
- Flying Weight: 25.4 oz (720g)
- Landing Gear: No
- Motor Size: 480-sized 960Kv brushless outrunner (installed)
- Rudder: Proportional
- Throttle: Proportional
- Wingspan: 38.4 in (975mm)