The United States Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team has been inspiring aviation fans since the very start of the jet age. Going into a 33 year run, the incredible Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon multi-role jet platform has been an exemplary part of the precision and dedication for which the team is known. The E-flite® UMX™ F-16 EDF jet is inspired by the engineering and world-renowned service record of the original by offering the excitement of a great flying RC jet you can enjoy just about anywhere.
You’ll enjoy four-channel precision with an operational rudder and full-flying horizontal stabilisers that provide both pitch and roll control. A steerable nose wheel helps you manoeuvre on the ground so that you can keep the air show going from startup to shut down. In the air, innovative AS3X™ technology makes this show stopping EDF perform as if you’re at the controls of jet that’s been expertly tuned.
All you need to fly the UMX F-16 EDF right away is a 6+ channel transmitter with Spektrum DSMX® 2.4GHz technology that’s capable of dual rates and expo, 280mAh 2S 7.4V LiPo battery (EFLB2802S30 recommended) and a suitable charger.
The advanced AS3X™ (Artificial Stabilisation – 3-aXis) system built into the Spektrum™ 6-channel ultra micro receiver is what helps give the E-flite® UMX™ F-16 jet an incredibly solid look and feel in the air. It’s technology that works behind the scenes to help counter the effects of wind and turbulence by combining 3-axis sensing with exclusively tuned flight control software. As a result, your workload to fly smoothly is significantly reduced while control feel is always rock-solid so you can make your manoeuvres look great. It’s an impressive flight experience that will have you feeling like you’re at the controls of an expertly tuned jet that’s much larger.
Full-flying horizontal stabilisers provide highly effective pitch and roll control and a lightweight setup that still provides 4-channel functionality.
Because the UMX F-16 comes out of the box fully assembled, all you have to do is charge the recommended 280mAh 2S 7.4V LiPo (EFLB2802S30) battery, bind the jet to your 6-channel computer radio equipped with genuine Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSMX technology and fly.
- Ultra-lightweight, fully assembled airframe
- Advanced AS3X® technology delivers rock-solid handling
- Officially licensed Lockheed Martin F-16 body design
- Operational full-flying horizontal stabilizers
- Proportional four-channel control
- Removable landing gear and steerable nose wheel
- Brushless Delta-V® 180m EDF (installed)
- High-speed, 13500Kv brushless motor (installed)
- Industry-leading Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology
- 3 × Performance linear long-throw servos (installed)
- Fits a 280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C LiPo battery (required, EFLB2802S30)
- Engineered inlet and exhaust ducting
- 1/32-size appropriate for most aftermarket decals