- Suitability for indoor flying -Unlike most standard radio control aircraft choices, the micro RC plane is ideal for flying indoors. It has a smaller footprint than standard RC model airplanes and uses a smaller power source, making it easier to use within the constraints of a building.
- Accessibility and affordability -When you’re trying to buy an RC plane in the UK, it can seem like a very expensive hobby. However, if you invest in a micro RC plane or another type of small RC plane, the cost is often much lower. This makes the hobby accessible to many more people.
- Ease of transport -Due to their size, radio-controlled model aircraft on the micro scale are a lot easier to transport. Many of them come with convenient carry cases which tuck easily into a backpack or tote bag.
- Lower noise levels -Unlike your averageremote control jet plane, the micro plane is usually fairly quiet. This is because they require considerably smaller motors to create the same thrust.
- Less maintenance -Unlike your average radio control airplane, micro planes have fairly few components. This means that they generally require considerably less maintenance. When repairs or maintenance is required, the task is usually also considerably easier.
- Ease of use - Because these planes are lightweight, with small power sources, they’re generally easier to fly than larger remote-controlled airplanes. If you’re abeginner wanting to get an RC model airplane, it would be wise to consider getting the smallest RC plane you can find.
- Excellent customisation - Whether you buy micro planes orRC micro cars in the UK, one thing remains the same. They’re generally available as either kits or buy-and-fly models. If you buy kits and assemble them yourself, you can often paint and customise the model to your heart’s content.
These are just a few of the many advantages offered by a micro RC aeroplane. In truth, these are fantastic little devices that bring great joy to many people.
What Do RC Micro Planes Give You?
What makes a micro or mini RC plane unique? Mainly the size, but here are some of the distinguishing features:
- Size -As suggested by the name, RC micro planes are usually considerably smaller than their large or average-sized counterparts. On average, the size will be somewhere on the scale between eight and 30 centimetres.
- Power source -Most RC aeroplanes may pack one of several different types of power sources. However, in the case of micro planes, the power source is almost invariably electrical. It usually takes the form of rechargeable batteries since they are lightweight and compact.
- Materials -Generally, RC micro planes consist of lightweight but durablematerials. This is to compensate for the inevitable crashes that occur when you fly an RC plane indoors. Larger RC aeroplanes also don’t have to be as lightweight because they have larger motors and power sources. Some of the materials micro planes may consist of include High-density foam or expanded polypropylene.
- Control - Pilots typically control RC mini planes using a 2.4GHz radio transmitter. This type of radio control is incredibly effective, allowing you to precisely control the plane’s movements. You can enjoy excellent control over various functions and parts, including the throttle, elevator, ailerons, and rudder.
- Flight characteristics -Since they’re small and lightweight, these planes have unique flight characteristics. They have all the traits needed for an array of different manoeuvres. However, at the same time, their light weight makes them bad candidates for outdoor flying. They’re much too prone to experience turbulence and disruption from wind patterns.
There are many other characteristics that distinguish micro planes from other models. However, the lightweight nature of these models, along with their size, are the main defining characteristics. Below, we’ll discuss some of the advantages of micro planes and other small RC models.
Experience The Thrill Of Micro RC Planes With AT Models
There are a few common things shared by everyradio control airplane. The exhilaration of flight, the requirements for flight, and the desire to spend more time with them. However, that doesn’t mean that you need to own a large RC jet, or that it has to be expensive.
While it’s an enjoyable and exciting hobby, getting started with RC planes can seem intimidating. It doesn’t have to be! Here at AT Models, we can help you get started with everything from micro RC planes toRC helicopters.
Mini or micro RC planes are smaller, easier to manoeuvre, and often more affordable.
So, if you’re ready to start on your journey with small RC planes, please feel free tocontact us. We’d love to get you started with micro RC planes in the UK.