If you’re new to the world of RC helicopter kits, the sheer complexity of these models and the abundance of choice might seem intimidating to you. Oftentimes, the limited availability of certain types of RC choppers leads newcomers to purchasing a machine that’s not particularly well-suited for their skill level.
You won’t have that problem when shopping at AC Models, for we have it all: from small, ready-to-fly helicopters, all the way to nitro-fueled, bigger vehicles, you’re bound to find a model that works for your unique needs and preferences.
Explore the Wide Selection of Helicopter Kits at AC Models
The world of RC helicopters is a complex, multilayered one. As you get started on your journey, you’re probably going to look for a beginner-friendly vehicle that doesn’t have overly complicated controls and requires little tinkering to get going.
As an experienced RC enthusiast, you may want to take your flying experience up a notch, from smaller, ready-to-fly models to large electric, nitro, or petrol-powered machines that push the boundaries of what radio controlled vehicles are capable of.
At AC Models, we offer a wide range of top-quality RC helicopter kits, suitable for all experience levels.
- RC helicopters for beginners:The perfect starting point for anybody looking to get into RC helicopter flying, with no previous radio control experience. These helicopter kits are smaller in size, and reach lower RPMs than some of our other offerings, but they’re every bit as fun and exciting to fly! Many come equipped with guided modes and simplified controls to ease you into the hobby.
- Small helicopters:Smaller-sized helicopters aren’t necessarily only for beginners. There are plenty of models out there, such as theSAB Goblin Mini Comet, that can give bigger choppers a run for their money.
- Ready to fly helicopters:Not everyone is fond of tinkering around with tools and parts to get their models up and running. Our selection of ready-to-fly helicopters is ideal for both beginners and more experienced flyers who don’t like to get their hands dirty too often.
- Electric helicopters:The rise of electric helicopters spelled trouble for the traditional petrol and nitro-fueled models. They’re quieter and more energy-efficient, but perform every bit as well as their counterparts.
- Nitro helicopters:A popular alternative to petrol RC helicopters, nitro models are capable of reaching higher RPMs, and are adored by many enthusiasts for their ease of handling and performance.
Top RC Helicopter Kit Brands, All in One Store
Our RC helicopter brands includeSAB,Align T-Rex, orMikado – industry veterans that guarantee impeccable handling, longevity, and high performance. The helicopters in our inventory range from beginner-friendly models to ones that are used by top professionals in international competitions. Regardless of your skill level and preferences, you won’t be disappointed when shopping at AT Models.
Electric vs. Petrol vs. Nitro: Which RC Helicopter Kit is Best For You?
One of the most pressing questions asked by newcomers to the world of RC helicopters is the type of vehicle they should choose as their very first model. In all honesty, there is no wrong answer.
On the one hand, most ready-to-fly helicopters catering to beginners areelectricmodels. They are less mechanically demanding. When going with an electric RC helicopter kit, you also don’t need to worry about refuelling and restocking on petrol and nitro. Instead, they run on rechargeable batteries, so all you need to do to get your helicopter back into flying shape is plug it into a power outlet.
On the flipside, if you want to dive into the deep end of RC helicopter kits, opting for apetrol or nitro model will help you learn the ropes of these intricate pieces of equipment early on. Once you’re familiar with operating these helicopters, you can easily switch to electric models without a steep learning curve. If you go the other way around, though, petrol and nitro helicopters will take some getting used to.
It’s also important to consider the pricing. Beginner-friendly electric helicopters tend to be much cheaper than nitro and petrol-fuelled models, so if you’re shopping on a budget or aren’t too sure you’re going to stick with this hobby for years, electric RC helicopter kits are your safest bet.
AT Models: For Enthusiasts, By Enthusiasts
We’re a specialised RC vehicle online store, offering only the best choices, from helicopters, through cars, all the way to drones. Our selection is thoroughly researched and vetted – we only sell the products that we would purchase for ourselves.
On top of a carefully selected inventory of RC helicopters, we also provide our customers with free shipping on orders over £99, a 30-day money back guarantee (terms and conditions apply), and a responsive customer service department, reachable by telephone and email.
Browse through our extensive catalogue of RC helicopter kits and find your new model today!