RC Car Different Tyre Types
RC car tyres, are an important part of any radio controlled car. Responsible for providing traction and control on a variety of surfaces, including tarmac, dirt, and grass.
When purchasing RC Car tyres, there are several factors to consider such as:
- Size: It's important to choose the right size of tires that fit your RC car's rims. There are different sizes of tyres, so check your manual or check on manufacturer website for the appropriate tyre size. Start with the size of the inner wheel diameter as most rc tyres start with this number.
- Type: Types of tyre you choose depends on the type of ground you will be driving on. Smooth tyres are best for smooth surfaces like tarmac. Large bulky tyres for off road and rough surfaces. Some tyres, like rally tyres, are designed for a combination of smooth and rough surfaces.
- Compound: Tyres come in different compounds or materials that affect their grip and durability. Softer compounds provide better grip, normally used in carpet racing but wear out fast. Harder compounds provide longer life but will not grip as well.
- Tread: Tread patterns affect how well the tyres grip on different surfaces. Deep treads provide better traction on rough surfaces, while shallow treads provide better grip on smooth surfaces.
- Brand: The brand of tire you choose can affect the performance and durability of your Vehicle. It's important to choose a well known brand that produces good tyres.